Friday 27 May 2011

How did this happen?

In my research and help from:  I have realized that I was predisposed to this all along:
-          I’ve always been very flexible
-          I’ve practiced yoga most of my life: loving doing backbends, cobras and wheels.
-          I have had asthma with frequent bronchitis and pneumonia
-          I have always worked on my “core” – situps, pilates, lifting free weights etc.  and I always focused my rectus abdominis (6 pack) wrong muscle!
-          I have, although not the skinnest person in the world, always had “six pack abs”
-          I moved and lifted heavy, heavy boxes during my pregnancy
-          I did crunches during my pregnancy
-          I have always “jack-knifed” out of bed until my pregnancy belly would not let me
-          I did deep water workout (aquasize) with cruches and twists throughout my pregnancy
-          I had an emergency c-section

Pretty much everything that leads to diatasis recti, I did or have.  To be honest I don’t know if I can heal this – but I’m going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment